We hope that you can find all of the information that you require on this website. However, if not, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0191 3865400 or via email to the Headteacher, Mrs B Smith, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
School Vision, values and ethos
Framwellgate Moor Primary School is ‘more than just a school’
Our school motto is:
Forever Making Pupils Shine
We believe that learning should be fun, purposeful and challenging. We aim to equip each child with the skills they need for lifelong learning. We aim to develop confident learners, who take ownership of their learning, are proud of their achievements and are well prepared for life in modern Britain. See our recent photo’s and article about ‘The Big Me Project’ where pupils learnt about what they can aspire to be when they are older. Thanks to many of our parents for sharing their professions with us.
We believe that effective teamwork and positive partnerships – with individual children, the whole class, our colleagues, with governors, parents and the wider community will lead to effective teaching, high standards and successful learning. See our enrichment and enjoyment section to find out more about our fun and varied programme of events throughout the year.
We know that every child matters. Through positive attitudes and partnerships we endeavour to develop the whole child, meeting individual needs in a safe and secure environment where differences are celebrated.
- To deliver a high quality teaching and learning experience for our pupils that promotes high standards and accelerated progress for all;
- To promote a love of education for all learners and to equip them with the tools to take ownership of their own learning;
- To promote children’s self-esteem, their rights and responsibilities;
- To create a welcoming atmosphere in school where children, staff, parents and visitors feel valued;
- To have high expectations for all within our community to ensure that we demonstrate the very best standards of conduct, moral purpose and integrity;
- To work in local, national and global partnerships in order to strengthen curriculum links and promote an awareness of the wider world;
- To ensure that our pupils feel safe and secure and enjoy coming to school.
We will accomplish this by CELEBRATING children’s achievements and resilience
- Placing teaching and learning at the heart of everything we do;
- Delivering innovative and effective teaching and learning;
- Working in partnership with other schools and businesses;
- Providing an exciting, broad and challenging learning experience;
- Promoting a RESILIENT ‘Have a go’ culture where children have the confidence to challenge themselves as learners;
- Promoting the confidence and engagement of parents and carers in the learning of their children and the development of good behaviour.
- Providing pupils with an exciting and inspiring curriculum with lots of opportunities for visits and visitors and hands on experiences related to real life contexts;
- Excellent teaching in a fit for purpose environment that is well resourced;
- Responsive, pro-active and effective monitoring mechanisms.
Pupils Will Be Supported by:
- Excellent pastoral care – always have someone to talk to
- Happy staff that are provided lots of opportunities for professional development
- High quality resources
- Strong parental engagement
- A supportive and highly skilled governing body
- Astute financial management
- Clear guidelines, policies and processes that everyone understands and follows.
Star of the Week in each class
Head Teachers award
Golden Table award
Opportunities to share talents and skills learn outside of school
Prospective parents may wish to view the about our school section of our website. Here we provide current information on school performance, our School Brochure and information on our curriculum. Details of applying for a place in our school can be found within the School Admissions section.
Outstanding Ofsted 2012
We were absolutely delighted to announce that Framwellgate Moor Primary achieved OUTSTANDING in overall effectiveness of the school.
- Achievement of pupils – OUTSTANDING
- Quality of teaching – OUTSTANDING
- Behaviour and safety of pupils – OUTSTANDING
- Leadership and management – OUTSTANDING
I am incredibly proud of the children and so impressed with how hard they worked during lessons despite the many exciting Christmas events taking place that week. OFSTED Inspectors were overwhelmed by children’s attitude to learning, behaviour and the overall enthusiastic and motivated attitude in all areas of school life.