Welcome to Year 1 Koalas
In Year 1 we are 5 and 6 years old and our teachers are Mrs Lewis and Miss Hardy. Miss Truby is our Teaching Assistant. We have a great time exploring and learning new things.
We enjoy learning outdoors and also go on lots of school visits out and about! We love working collaboratively in pairs and teams and we are particularly skilled with computers and ICT. Reading is really important in Year 1 and we just LOVE story time!!
Below are our termly newsletters giving you details of what we are learning about in school:
You can view our class activities on our website.
Our curriculum focuses on the four key skills for life long learning, these are :
- and exploring
Examples of our diverse and creative curriculum can be found on the enrichment and enjoyment section of this website.
Framwellgate Moor has a Curriculum Policy which can be viewed or downloaded by visiting the School Policies section of our website.
Our Top 5 Weblinks
- Top Marks Interactive Games Lots of brilliant games for your age group to help with learning!
- Fun 4 the Brain Have fun with these learning games – especially the number games!
- CBeebies Stories Listen and read hundreds of stories on this site!
- Crickweb Learning games for all areas of the curriculum in the Key Stage 1 section.
- Starfall Learn to Read A good site to help with early reading.
Archived Class Information
You can view our archived Year 1 Koalas information on our website.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.