Welcome to Year 1
In Year 1 we are 5 and 6 years old. Mrs Lewis, Miss Hardy and Ms Tait work with us and we have a great time exploring and learning new things.
We enjoy learning outdoors and also go on lots of school visits out and about! We love working collaboratively in pairs and teams and we are particularly skilled with computers and ICT. Reading is really important in Year 1 and we just LOVE story time!!
Below are our termly newsletters giving you details of what we are learning about in school:
Our curriculum focuses on the four key skills for life long learning, these are :
- and exploring
Examples of our diverse and creative curriculum can be found on the enrichment and enjoyment section of this website.
Framwellgate Moor has a Curriculum Policy which can be viewed or downloaded by visiting the School Policies section of our website.
Year 1 and Year 2 have been learning about the journey a letter takes when it is posted. We wrote letters to our families and addressed our envelopes. Then we posted the letters on Wednesday. We are now very excited for when they arrive
Year 1 have been on a Houses and Homes walk today. We were looking for different types of houses and building styles linked to our topic. We had a lovely morning and all of the children were brilliant house hunters.
Our Top 5 Weblinks
- Top Marks Interactive Games Lots of brilliant games for your age group to help with learning!
- Fun 4 the Brain Have fun with these learning games – especially the number games!
- CBeebies Stories Listen and read hundreds of stories on this site!
- Crickweb Learning games for all areas of the curriculum in the Key Stage 1 section.
- Starfall Learn to Read A good site to help with early reading.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.