Welcome to Year 5
In Year 5 we are 9 and 10 years old. Although Mrs. Davies is our class teacher, some of us work with Ms Cole for Literacy and/or Numeracy each morning.
In the afternoon we enjoy various skills based activities linked to a different topic each term. It’s good to be able to work in teams, have the chance to work Inside or out and to use all the latest technology to help us with our studies.
Our curriculum focuses on the four key skills for life long learning, these are :
- and exploring
Examples of our diverse and creative curriculum can be found on the enrichment and enjoyment section of this website.
Framwellgate Moor has a Curriculum Policy which can be viewed or downloaded by visiting the School Policies section of our website.
Year 5 pupils from Framwellgate Moor Durham took part in a Story book collaboration with other Year 5 pupils from primary schools across Durham City. Please see the Durham Times article from 5th October below.
Durham Times Article 5th October 2012 (123k bytes)
Our Top 5 Weblinks
- Magic Key Adventures Join Floppy, Biff, Chip and Kipper on exciting adventures…
- Numbertime Have fun with Bill and Bernie!
- The Little Animals Activity Centre Spend time rhyming with Digby Mole, or practise your moves with Foxy Dancer!
- Numberjacks Enjoy playing the Numberjacks games!
- Growing Plants Use this interactive website to find out what plants need to help them to grow well.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.