Welcome to Year 6
In Year 6 we are 10 and 11 years old. Miss Jenkinson is our class teacher however we also have the opportunity to work with Mr Blacklock, Ms Cole or Mrs Crank-Field as part of our groupings for Literacy and Numeracy. We have many responsibilities as the oldest children in the school.
We make sure that recycle bins are emptied each week and that composting takes place in our outdoor area. Year 6 children have the chance to represent their house team as a captain or a vice captain – a real honour and a privilege for us! In June, Year 6 can also take part in an outdoor, adventure residential visit to Robin Wood, great for keeping fit and team building. Finally in Year 6 we always perform a fantastic Leavers Show at the end of the year to showcase our acting, dancing and singing skills. We perform in front of the school, friends and family before we begin the next chapter of our education in Year 7.
Below are our termly newsletters giving you details of what we are learning about in school:
Our curriculum focuses on the four key skills for life long learning, these are :
- and exploring
Examples of our diverse and creative curriculum can be found on the enrichment and enjoyment section of this website.
Framwellgate Moor has a Curriculum Policy which can be viewed or downloaded by visiting the School Policies section of our website..
Our Top 5 Weblinks
- SAM Learning A great site for SAT’s revision but remember to ask at school for your login and password!
- Mathszone A good selection of Maths games.
- Woodlands Literacy Zone A huge selection of Literacy-related activities and games!
- Woodlands Science Zone Boost your Scietific knowledge with this section!
- Gordon’s Interactive Maths Games Use these interactive games to sharpen your maths skills!
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.