The following are the main contacts for Special Educational Needs and Disability at Named School:
- Mrs B Smith is the Head Teacher
- Mrs P Nelson is our designated SEN Governor
- Mrs R Loughlen is our designated Special Educational Needs Coordinator.
It is the SENCO’s job to:
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the school’s SEN policy
- Liaise with the relevant Designated Teacher where a looked after pupil has SEN
- Advise teachers on using a graduated approach to providing SEN support
- Advise on the deployment of the school’s delegated budget and other resources to meet the pupil’s needs effectively
- Liaise with parents/carers of pupils with SEN
- Liaise with and be a key point of contact for external agencies
- Ensure that the school keeps the records of all SEN pupils up to date
- Work with the head teacher and school governors to ensure that the school meets its responsibilities with regard to reasonable adjustments and access arrangements by phoning the school on 0191 386 5400 or sending an email to: email@example.com.
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.