We are committed to providing a fully accessible environment which values and includes all pupils, staff, parents and visitors regardless of their education, physical, sensory, social, spiritual and emotional needs. We are committed to challenging negative attitudes about disability and accessibility and to developing a culture of awareness, tolerance and inclusion.
What we do to prevent pupils with disabilities from being treated less favourably:
Our School is committed to anti-discriminatory practice to promote equality of opportunity, prevent disabled pupils from being treated less favourably and valuing diversity for all children and families.
We aim to:
- Provide a safe, stimulating and accessible curriculum and environment in which all our children can flourish and in which all contributions are considered and valued (link to Accessibility Plan)
- Include and value the contribution of all families to our understanding of equality and diversity
- Celebrate the achievements of all our children, regardless of ethnicity, religion, gender or disability
- Consult with our children, parents and the School Council that the needs of all our children are being met
- Ensure that children with SEN can engage in activities with all children and are offered the opportunity to participate with activities in and outside of the classroom by making reasonable adjustments to the organisation of these.
The facilities to assist access are outlined in our Accessibility Plan which you can find in the School Policies section of our website.
Our Accessibility Plan and the short, medium and long term actions, will be reviewed and adjusted on an annual basis and a new Accessibility Plan will be produced every three years.
School has ramped access around the external parts of the building which ensures that all areas are easily accessible. Internally, there are 2 lifts (one at either end of the upper hall) which ensure that the hall is fully accessible to wheelchair users. Disabled parking bays are identified and disabled toilets with ceiling tracks and hoists are available at either end of the school.
The Accessibility Plan contains relevant actions to:
- Improve access to the physical environment of the school, adding specialist facilities as necessary.
- Increase access to the curriculum for pupils with a disability. This covers reasonable adjustments within teaching and learning, specialist aids and equipment and the wider curriculum of the school, such as after school clubs, visits etc,
- Improve the provision of information to pupils, staff, parents and visitors with disabilities. All information will be made available in various formats within a reasonable time frame.