Welcome to Year 1
In Year 1 we are 5 and 6 years old and our teachers are Mrs Brooks, Miss Thompson and Miss Mackenzie. Mrs Ryan, Miss Scorer and Mrs Field are our Teaching Assistants. We have a great time exploring and learning new things. We enjoy learning outdoors and also go on lots of school visits out and about! We love working collaboratively in pairs and teams and we are particularly skilled with computers and ICT. Reading is really important in Year 1 and we just LOVE story time!!
Below are our termly newsletters giving you details of what we are learning about in school:
Please click the link below to view the class photo gallery: Key Stage 1 Gallery 23-24 (Year 1 and Year 2)
Please click link to view our class videos: This page is password protected, please contact the school office if you do not have it:
- We will be adding our nest newsletter in the Autumn term.
You can view our Year 1 activities on our website.
Our curriculum focuses on the four key skills for life long learning, these are :
- and exploring
Examples of our diverse and creative curriculum can be found on the enrichment and enjoyment section of this website. Framwellgate Moor has a Curriculum Policy which can be viewed or downloaded by visiting the School Policies section of our website.
You can view our Year 1 curriculum map below:
- we will be updating in the Autumn Term
Our Top 5 Weblinks
- Top Marks Interactive Games Lots of brilliant games for your age group to help with learning!
- Fun 4 the Brain Have fun with these learning games – especially the number games!
- CBeebies Stories Listen and read hundreds of stories on this site!
- Crickweb Learning games for all areas of the curriculum in the Key Stage 1 section.
- Starfall Learn to Read A good site to help with early reading.
Archived Class Information
You can view our aArchived Year 1 information on our website.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.